Are you a team player, looking for a small engineering team to engage with?
Somewhere with other open-minded people, where you can advocate best practices, help improve processes and make key decisions in designing our systems?
Somewhere where code review is standard practice and seen as a great way to both authors and reviewers to learn?
Platphorm is small, stable, profitable, and growing company. Founded in 2009 and based in San Francisco we are a development company with an expanding portfolio of B2C communications marketplaces.
Our team uses agile methodologies (kanban) with continuous delivery to produce communication verticals (chat, messaging, voice, video). As an engineer you’d be responsible for designing and building software, working with the DevOps and QA teams for support in testing and releasing features.
What we’re looking for:
– Someone who wants to become an integral part of a small upbeat engineering team that’s having fun building things, and to push them to do even better!
– Someone who knows good design, who’s not scared by scaling.
– Someone who can take a project spec and run with it (but knows that discussing design with the team before running too far is the better move).
Strong CS fundamentals
– You must be curious and an excellent problem solver
– At least 4+ years of software development experience
– A fullstack developer with familiarity of either/both: React or Ruby on Rails
A glimpse into daily life:
– Spend time figuring out how to implement a ticket
– Chat with the team on Slack or pair with someone on Zoom as a sounding board
– Branch your Git fork, code up a solution, and create a pull request
– Thanks to devops magic, docker, jenkins and kubernetes you now have a staging environment with your changes, along with unit and integration test feedback.
– Test your solution and then request QA do the same.
– Do a dance (optional)
To apply for this job please visit www.platphormcorp.com.