SiriusXM and Pandora have joined together to create the world’s largest audio entertainment company. Together, we are uniquely positioned to lead a new era of audio entertainment by delivering the most compelling subscription and ad-supported audio experiences to millions of listeners – in the car, at home and on the go. Our talent, content, technology and innovation continue to be at the forefront, and we want you to be a part of it! Check out our current openings below and at www.SiriusXM.com/careers.
At Pandora, we’re a unique collection of engineers, musicians, designers, marketers, and world-class sellers with a common goal: to enrich lives by delivering effortless personalized music enjoyment and discovery. People—the listeners, the artists, and our employees—are at the center of our mission and everything we do. Actually, employees at Pandora are a lot like the service itself: bright, eclectic, and innovative. Collaboration is the foundation of our workforce, and we’re looking for smart individuals who are self-motivated and passionate to join us. Be a part of the engine that creates the soundtrack to life. Discover your future at Pandora!
You should have demonstrated strong engineering skills in multiple languages, experience with designing large-scale systems, data modeling and storage for large applications, and a passion for learning new skills. You should have an understanding of high-performance and scalable Java application development, and experience with building real-world robust applications, and applying modern software development methodologies including unit testing, build automation, code review. You should be highly motivated and bring an attitude of personal responsibility and technical leadership to the team.
- 5+ years experience developing back-end server software, preferably in Java
- Experience with API development (i.e. REST, SOAP) with standards based interchange (JSON, XML, Thrift)
- Experience developing for Linux-based deployment platforms
- Experience with SQL and/or NoSQL distributed databases: MySQL, Postgres, Redis, NoSQL or NewSQL
- Passion for continuous integration, testing, and automation
“We’re considering candidates for multiple positions and levels. Successful candidates will be placed at appropriate level depending on their qualifications or experience.”
- Experience with other programing languages such as Python, C/C++
- Experience with big data tools like MapReduce, Spark, HDFS, Kafka, Hive
- BA/BS or above in Computer Science or a related field
Pandora is committed to diversity in its workforce. Pandora is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, veteran or disability status. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply.
Pandora is also a VEVRAA federal contractor. Pandora requests priority referrals of protected veterans from each ESDS, as required by regulation.
If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to email@example.com This email box is designed to assist job seekers who require a reasonable accommodation to the application process. A response to your request may take up to two business days.
In your email, please include the following:
- The specific accommodation requested to complete the employment application.
- The location or office to which you would like to apply
- The subject of the email should read “Request for Reasonable Accommodation”.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.jobvite.com.